You might be watching a movie or reading a newspaper article or speaking to someone inspirational and may have felt motivated. When will motivation strike you? It is something no one can precisely tell, just like how no one knows when their “Eureka moment” will arrive! In reality, motivation is all around us.
Motivation is a feeling and an urgent urge to invest your heart and soul into achieving something as soon as possible. It is a quick burst of energy to accomplish your goals. Motivational quotes for work can keep you energized to learn new things. For this reason, HRs are considering different ways that they can use to motivate their people and thus be able to build a dynamic organization that is ready to achieve its targets.
Especially after the pandemic and work becoming virtual, people need sources of motivation to keep them going. It is relatively easy to feel demotivated in today’s time when you do not have your peers sitting right across from you or your manager to share your concerns with. In times like these, something that can come in handy are motivational quotes for work stated by legends and visionaries across the world.
Feeling motivated has a direct impact on the timely delivery of work of prime quality. This fact is backed by a study conducted by Gallup that says that Employees work 20% better when motivated. Motivation can have a powerful impact not just on the delivery of good work, but can also result in less absenteeism, lesser resignations, etc.
To make you feel zestful and for boosting your spirits, here are the top 100 result-oriented motivational quotes for work:
1) “Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can’t lose.” — Bill Gates.
2) “There is no such thing as work-life balance. It is all life. The balance has to be within you.” — Sadguru.
3) “If you service low-impact activities, therefore, you’re taking away time you could be spending on higher-impact activities. It’s a zero-sum game.” — Cal Newport.
4) "The difference between successful people and really successful people is that really successful people say no to almost everything." — Warren Buffet.
5) “It has been my observation that most people get ahead during the time that others waste.” — Henry Ford.
6) “Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.” — Albert Einstein.
7) “Write it. Shoot it. Publish it. Crochet it, sauté it, whatever. MAKE.” — Joss Whedon.
8) “Constantly think about how you could be doing things better. Keep questioning yourself” — Elon Musk.
9) “Failure is an option here. If things are not failing, you are not innovating enough” — Elon Musk.
10) “Do one thing every day that scares you.” — Eleanor Roosevelt.
11) “Becoming is better than being.” — Carol Dweck.
12) “Do what you feel in your heart to be right—for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do and damned if you don't.”— Eleanor Roosevelt.
13) “If today were the last day of your life, would you want to do what you are about to do today?”— Steve Jobs.
14) “People who wonder if the glass is half empty or full miss the point. The glass is refillable.”— Unknown.
15) “Luck is when preparation meets opportunity.”— Otegha Uwagba.
16) “The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing.”— Walt Disney.
17) “I really don’t think life is about the I-could-have-beens. Life is only about the I-tried-to-do. I don’t mind the failure, but I can’t imagine that I’d forgive myself if I didn’t try.”— Nikki Giovanni.
18) “Progress is often equal to the difference between mind and mindset.”— Narayan Murthy.
19) “Vision without action is merely a dream, action without vision is merely passing time, but vision and action together can change the world.”— Sudha Murthy.
20) “A winning strategy must include losing.”— Robert Kiyosaki.
21) “If you hear a voice within you say, ‘you cannot paint,’ then by all means paint and that voice will be silenced.”— Vincent Van Gogh.
22) “Believe you can and you’re halfway there.”— Theodore Roosevelt.
23) “The activity you’re most avoiding contains your biggest opportunity.”— Robin Sharma.
24) “Today’s a great day to behave as the person you’ve always wanted to be.”— Robin Sharma.
25) “Action is the foundational key to all success.”— Pablo Picasso.
26) “I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have.”— Thomas Jefferson.
27) “If you believe it’ll work out, you’ll see opportunities. If you don’t believe it’ll work out, you’ll see obstacles.”— Wayne Dyer.
28) “You should be far more concerned with your current trajectory than with your current results.”— James Clear.
29) “You’ve got to get up every morning with determination if you’re going to go to bed with satisfaction.”— George Lorimer.
30) “If you want to have the results only 5% have, you must be willing to do and think like only 5% do and think.”— Robin Sharma.
31) “Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.”— Neale Donald Walsch.
32) “Stop managing your time, start managing your focus.”— Robin Sharma.
33) “Work hard for what you want because it won’t come to you without a fight. You have to be strong and courageous and know that you can do anything you put your mind to. If somebody puts you down or criticizes you, just keep on believing in yourself and turn it into something positive.”— Leah LaBelle.
34) “Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle. As with all matters of the heart, you’ll know when you find it.”— Steve Jobs.
35) “When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too.”— Paulo Coelho.
36) “We always overestimate the change that will occur in the next two years and underestimate the change that will occur in the next ten. Don’t let yourself be lulled into inaction.”— Bill Gates.
37) “Intelligence without ambition is a bird without wings.”— Salvador Dali.
38) “If something is wrong, fix it now. But train yourself not to worry, worry fixes nothing.”— Ernest Hemingway.
39) “The big secret in life is that there is no secret. Whatever your goal, you can get there if you’re willing to work.”— Oprah Winfrey.
40) “Someday is a disease that will take your dreams to the grave with you. Pros and cons are just as bad. If it’s important to you and you want to do it 'eventually,' just do it and correct course along the way.”— Tim Ferriss.
41) “Amateurs sit around and wait for inspiration. The rest of us just get up and go to work.”— Stephen King.
42) "We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the universe. That makes us something very special."— Stephen Hawking.
43) “Take up one idea, make that one idea your life. Think of it, dream of it, Live on that idea let the brain, muscles, nerves, every part of your body be full of that idea, and just leave every other idea alone. This is the way to success.”— Swami Vivekananda.
44) “The secret of getting ahead is getting started.”— Mark Twain.
45) “Work gives you meaning and purpose, and life is empty without it." — Stephen Hawking.
46) “You can, you should, and if you’re brave enough to start, you will.” — Stephen King.
47) “Develop the habit of letting small bad things happen. If you don’t, you’ll never find time for the life-changing big things.” — Tim Ferriss.
48) “Hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work hard.” — Tim Notke.
49) “Like fingers pointing to the moon, other diverse disciplines from anthropology to education, behavioral economics to family counseling, similarly suggest that the skillful management of attention is the sine qua non of the good life and the key to improving virtually every aspect of your experience.” — Cal Newport.
50) “Quality means doing it right when no one is looking.” — Henry Ford.
51) “Fortunate are those who take the first steps.” — Paulo Coelho.
52) “Successful people do what unsuccessful people are not willing to do even when it doesn’t look like it makes any difference. And they do it long enough for the compounding effect to start to kick in.” — Jeff Olson.
53) “Discomfort, whether through failure, obstacles or exposure to diverse and sometimes uncomfortable thought, is essential. It is the only way to stretch and grow. It is also the only way to see who you really are and what true strength you have lined up deep within you.” — Farrah Storr.
54) “If you treat yourself as high value, it turns out other people are more likely to do so as well. Because when you play big, it’s difficult to feel small.” — Elizabeth Day.
55) “You can do whatever you set your mind to if you just roll up your sleeves, get in there, and do it. Everything is figureoutable.” — Marie Forleo.
56) “You wouldn’t have the dream if you didn’t already have what it takes to make it happen.” — Marie Forleo.
57) “The Lens through which your brain views the world shapes your reality. And if we can change the lens, not only can we change your happiness, but we can also change every single educational and business outcome at the same time.” — Shawn Achor (TED talk: Shawn Achor: The happy secret to better work | TED Talk).
58) “Either you run the day, or the day runs you.” — Jim Rohn.
59) “Don’t judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.” — Robert Louis Stevenson.
60) “Just one small positive thought can change your whole day.” — Dalai Lama.
61) “Developing a good work ethic is key. Apply yourself at whatever you do, whether you're a janitor or taking your first summer job because that work ethic will be reflected in everything you do in life.” — Tyler Perry.
62) “Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle.” — Abraham Lincoln.
63) “When written in Chinese the word “crisis” is composed of two characters —one represents danger and the other represents opportunity.” — John F Kennedy.
64) “Sometimes the fall kills you. And sometimes, when you fall, you fly.” — Neil Gaiman.
65) “People rarely succeed unless they have fun in what they are doing.” — Dale Carnegie.
66) “To build your working life around the experience of flow produced by deep work is a proven path to deep satisfaction.” — Cal Newport.
67) “Falling down is inevitable. It’s the getting back up that’s on you.” — Elaine Welteroth.
68) “Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson.
69) “Average performers stop when they feel fear. Iconic producers accelerate once they get frightened.” — Robin Sharma.
70) “Our IKIGAI is different for all of us, but one thing we have in common is that we are all searching for meaning.” — Hector Garcia Puigcerver.
71) “The essence of leadership is not getting overwhelmed by circumstances.” — Kim Malone Scott.
72) “There is a divine order, a divine flow to our lives. We don’t need to have all the answers. But our job is to keep on dreaming and trusting enough to put one foot in front of the other” — Elaine Welteroth.
73) “In a moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing to do, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.” — Theodore Roosevelt.
74) “If you don’t build your dream, someone else will hire you to help them build theirs.” — Dhirubhai Ambani.
75) “Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.” — Arthur Ashe.
76) “It is not a daily increase, but a daily decrease. Hack away at the inessentials.” — Bruce Lee.
77) “Run your own race. Who cares what others are doing? The only question that matters is, Am I progressing?” — Robin Sharma.
78) “Make each day your masterpiece.” — John Wooden.
79) “Don’t be afraid of hard work. Nothing worthwhile comes easily. Don’t let others discourage you or tell you that you can’t do it. In my day I was told women didn’t go into chemistry. I saw no reason why we couldn’t.” — Gertrude B. Elion.
80) “Plenty of men can do good work for a spurt and with immediate promotion in mind, but for promotion you want a man in whom good work has become a habit.” — Henry L. Doherty.
81) “Take risks for they’ll make your life worth living.” — Unknown.
82) “Be brave. Take risks. Nothing can substitute experience.” — Paulo Coelho.
83) “To be happy, I’ve discovered, you’ve got to run toward something: meaningful work; a hopeful, inspiring vision of your future; and good relationships with the people you work with every day.” — Annie McKee.
84) “You might die tomorrow. Be selfish today.” — Sarah Knight.
85) “Learn from the mistakes of others. You can’t live long enough to make them all yourselves.” — Chanakya.
86) "If we aren’t vigilant, we can move through our entire lives feeling smaller than we actually are—by playing it safe, by unconsciously giving away our power, by dimming our radiance, by not recognizing there is always so much more waiting for us on the other side of fear. But when we are brave enough—to go there, to grab what we want, to tap into who we are—damn, it feels so good." — Elaine Welteroth.
87) If something is wrong, fix it now. But train yourself not to worry, worry fixes nothing.” — Ernest Hemingway.
88) “We can do anything we want to if we stick to it long enough." — Helen Keller.
89) “To succeed in your mission, you must have single-minded devotion to your goal.” — A. P. J. Abdul Kalam.
90) “When you are doing any work. Do it as worship, as he highest worship, and devote your whole life to it for the time being.” — Swami Vivekananda.
91) “Nothing will work unless you do.” — Maya Angelou.
92) “Working hard for something we don’t care about is called stress: Working hard for something we love is called passion.” — Simon Sinek.
93) “Define success on your own terms, achieve it by your own rules, and build a life you're proud to live.” — Anne Sweeny.
94) “Whatever you do, do it with all your might. Work at it, early and late, in season and out of season, not leaving a stone unturned, and never deferring for a single hour that which can be done just as well as now.” — Margaret Fuller.
95) “Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not: nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not: the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent.” — Calvin Coolidge.
96) “We may encounter many defeats, but we may not be defeated.” — Maya Angelou.
97) “To be a champion, I think you have to see the big picture. It’s not about winning and losing; it’s about everyday hard work and about thriving on a challenge. It’s about embracing the pain that you’ll experience at the end of a race and not being afraid. I think people think too hard and get afraid of a certain challenge.” — Summer Sanders.
98) "It does not matter how slowly you go, so long as you do not stop." — Confusius.
99) “We do not learn from experience. We learn from reflecting on experience.” — John Dewey.
100) "People don't buy what you do, they buy why you do it "- Simon Senek
Motivation at the workplace is a result of biological, social, emotional, and cognitive factors at play. With all the work stress and constant burnouts, motivational quotes for work are a great way to boost your energy and morale and to push you in the direction of your passion. This comprehensive list of motivational quotes for work will inspire you and help you to not just get through the day at work but also to deliver great work!
Nobody knows the set recipe to achieve success at work, yet everyone is winging it and finding their way by exploration. And motivational quotes for work can act as chaperones in this journey. Feel free to read by them on days when you feel it's exactly what you need.