Rewards & Recognition
Employee appreciation can sometimes be a little tricky. However, earnest appreciation makes a marked difference. HR professionals are fully aware of how vital appreciation is. A kind word here and a gentle encouragement there could make the difference between a good employee and a great employee.
Why is Employee Appreciation Important?
An earnest word of appreciation means a lot to a hard-working employee. Appreciation in the workplace gives employees a sense of accomplishment, making them feel more valued.
The great thing about verbally appreciating employees is that it costs absolutely nothing. On the other hand, the returns are gigantic. A pat on the back is undoubtedly one of the best ways of getting the best out of your employee, and their productivity is sure to increase.
When employees feel that their contribution is being seen and is valued, they are likely to enjoy doing their jobs. Satisfied employees are less likely to look for employment elsewhere.
Appreciation is a small part of communication. However, when employees note that their bosses take an interest in their activities, the higher the chance of that employee wanting to do the job better. This ties in with productivity but also means the quality of work improves.
When you are able to appreciate good work openly, it also creates room to point out areas that they could be doing better. It is essential to be able to let your employees know exactly how you feel.
After all, a happier employee leads to a happier customer.
Here are a few of the benefits of Employee Appreciation when done right:
- Improved employee engagement leads to better productivity
- Reduced attrition
- Employees are more satisfied and enjoy their work because they feel valued
- Team culture flourishes
- Happy employees translate to happier customers
- Reduced employee stress levels
- Better schedule adherence
Here are the Top 100 Employee Appreciation Quotes
Let's start with the simplest quotes. When said from the heart, these will leave employees with a warm feeling:
Employee Appreciation Quotes for the Performers
- Thank you. We couldn't have done it without you.
- The entire team knew you were the person for the job.
- Thank you for working so hard; you continuously impress us.
- The management has noticed how you work, we are all very impressed.
- Your talents and skills are a perfect match for your role; you really make a difference.
- Your consistent performance amazes me, even when you work all the extra hours.
- Thank you for being so reliable; it's nice to be able to count on you.
- You inspire everyone on the floor to work harder.
- You certainly are a class apart. Your innovative ideas make it fun to work with you.
- All the applause for the highest ethics you hold.
- You are the perfect example of dedication.
- My job is so easy because I know you have it under control; I don't have to manage you at all.
- Thank you for coming in on your day off; we couldn't have done it without you.
- The energy and focus you put into that project are the reason we are here today.
- Thank you for going the extra mile. The finishing touches on that project really won the customer's heart.
- From start to finish, we know we can always depend on you.
- I couldn't have done it nearly as well as you did. Thank you for being so thorough.
- I am in awe of how much attention you pay to the little things that make the big picture look so much better.
- Your creativity blows my mind! It is an inspiration to watch you work.
- It's high time you share your secret. We need everyone to do what you do here.
Employee Appreciation Quotes for the Team Players
- I've worked here long enough to be able to feel the great energy that everyone has when you are around.
- Your entire team relies on your smarts and vision.
- Thank you for the effort over the past year. The way this team came together is phenomenal.
- Our team would never be the same without you; you really bring us together.
- Your views on some of the problems we have are why this organization is where it is.
- Having worked in this industry for as long as I have with countless teams, it is always tough to get a team that works well together and pushes each other to achieve and exceed business goals. I wouldn't change a thing.
- Goodness, everyone is talking about how great you've been doing. Keep it up.
- Thank you for making sure the rest of the team is on the same page. It really has improved the way we all work.
- Your attitude towards everything is beautiful. You always find a way to make the team meet their targets.
- You are what holds this team together.
- I wondered what all the buzz was. Having taken a look at your team's numbers and I get it now. No wonder everyone is talking about you guys.
- Thank you for always making a plan to get things done the right way.
- We appreciate that you never let us down.
- Thank you for bringing in a fresh perspective; your ideas give us a real advantage.
Read more: Top 100 Motivational Quotes for Work in 2022
Employee Appreciation Quotes for Hitting those Milestones
- We would never have even gotten close to meeting the deadline without you.
- I appreciate how important meeting deadlines is to you. You are the reason our clients are happy.
- You've put in so much more than anyone else here; you made this happen.
- How you see what you see is beyond me. Your eye for detail is impeccable.
- Without your input and your creative ideas, we would never have met the budget requirements.
- That was a daunting project; you took it on like a breeze.
- I look back at that project and realize that there wasn't a day that I felt we were out of our depth. You guys made it look so easy.
- Never, in all my years, have I seen a project been completed before the deadline and heard nothing but praise from our clients. We are lucky to have you.
- There were brief moments where I thought we might not finish in time; I should have known better. I now know that I can always count on you.
- One milestone at a time with such perfection. We achieved exactly what we set out to accomplish.
- You should be proud of yourself; no one else can take credit for your success.
- We only managed to get it done because of your dedication.
- Everything was working against us until you stepped in and put things right.
- Tell me the truth, when did you find out you had superpowers?
Employee Appreciation Quotes for Having a Great Workplace Attitude
- The past months have been a strain on the whole business, but you gave it your all, and that is why we are where we are. Thank you.
- Thank you for caring enough about the new hires and our business; we appreciate the effort you make in helping them settle into the routine.
- You never cease to amaze us!
- It just wouldn't be the same without you; your energy is infectious.
- The joy you radiate when working is inspirational to everyone around you.
- Thank you for being so flexible. I know that things have been crazy, but you've made the best of the situation.
- It is comforting to know that we can always rely on you.
- Your smile has a ripple effect. Thank you for staying positive; it really makes us all feel good.
- There have been ups and downs, but the one thing that remains constant is the humor you bring with you and cheer everyone up.
- I've always liked a challenge, but I've seldom seen anyone take on challenges the way you do.
- Are you this good at everything you do?
- Your confidence reinforces the team's faith in you.
- I don't know how the day would go by without you; your sense of humor keeps the place alive.
Employee Appreciation Quotes to Appreciate Work Ethic
- When I see you working, I keep having to raise the bar for myself.
- There are great teams, then there is this team. You are a class apart.
- If you are going to keep this up, we will have to set much higher targets.
- We just keep getting better output. Thank you for your consistent dedication.
- Is there anything you can't do?
- We have a challenging project coming up, but it should be a cakewalk for you.
Employee Appreciation Quotes for Personal Successes
- There is on par with the best, then there is you.
- You came in here as a fresher; watching your enthusiasm to reach for the sky puts a smile on my face every day.
- Having seen hundreds of employees grow in their careers, take it from me, where you are today is because of how hard you have worked. You deserve it.
- Everyone stop. Look at him. He is the new Head of Operations. In two short years, he has proven what dedication can do.
- Well done! You deserve this bonus, you've worked very hard for it.
Employee Appreciation Quotes for Anniversaries
- You hit the ground running from your first working day, and you haven't let up on the pace over the last year.
- Having you as the foundation stone for the past few years has made all the difference.
- Your level of commitment is out of this world. The past five years would not have been the same without you.
- The last ten years that you've been with the company have been amazing. We have grown because of your efforts.
General Employee Appreciation Quotes
- When you come into work dressed smart and ready for the day, it sharpens the atmosphere.
- I am impressed with how neatly you keep your work area; I feel like that is the key to your productivity.
- Thank you for helping everyone cope with what's going on. You've been the voice of reason and the shoulder of compassion to many.
- Everyone feels good talking to you. Moreover, you never let anything affect the work you do.
- It has been so easy managing you. You manage yourself so well; I barely have to give it a thought.
- What I appreciate most about you is that this isn't just a job for you. You always put in 200%.
- Your punctuality and commitment to do your best every day is something we should all learn.
- Thank you for taking the time to make the office party a success. Everyone was raving about it.
- Thank you for your advice today. It pays to listen to my team, and we wouldn't have been able to close the deal without that information.
- The sandwich you brought in the other day was amazing! It's typical of you, isn't it - 100% at work, and of course, 100% in the kitchen?
- Thanks for backing me up with that data during the meeting; the board really got a clear picture of our idea because of you.
- Our company just won an award for being the best in the industry. We owe it all to you.
- Truly successful organizations rely on their employees. You can bet that we depend on you very much.
- It would be great to have a hundred employees just like you.
- That marketing campaign you put together really turned things around. Awesome job.
- The best thing about having someone like you around is that you treat this company and everyone in it like your family. Thank you.
- Thank you for always being there for your team.
- Thank you for making an effort to change the things that matter.
- There is no greater joy than to work with someone who truly enjoys their job.
Employee Appreciation Quotes by Famous People
- "Circumstances do not make a man, they reveal him."
- Wayne W. Dyer
That's a great way to thank an employee that has gone above and beyond the call of duty.
- "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit."
This is a great message to inscribe on a reward that you give to an excellent employee.
- "Dream more than others think practical…Expect more than others think possible."
- Howard Schultz
The perfect message to give to an employee who has achieved a lot more than even they thought possible.
- "I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel."
- Dr. Maya Angelou
This is a great little quote for that exceptional employee who makes the workplace vibrant and energetic - the one who always goes out of their way to make people around them feel great.
- "Excellence is not a skill, it's an attitude!"
- Ralph Marston
These words are apt for that employee who always brings the best; no matter what's happening around them, their work never gets affected.
Here are a few statistics to show you how important it is to thank your employees:
- A joint survey conducted by SurveyMonkey and Bonusly revealed that 63% of all employees who feel that their companies recognize them are highly unlikely to look for a job change.
- In another survey, OGO found that 40% of their respondents (American employees) stated that they would feel like working harder if they felt appreciated.
- A recent survey on greatplacetowork.com reveals that 37% of employees feel that workplace recognition is among the most important things.
- The Harvard Business Review claims that employees are 31% more productive when they are happy. A simple thank you can make a big difference to employees every so often, and it hardly takes a few seconds.
Employee appreciation is among the most important aspects of retaining quality talent. Workers need to feel appreciated, and they need to know that their efforts are being seen.
Of course, a good employee doesn't do their job well to hear praise. However, day after day of toiling away can get monotonous, and a sincere thank you can put a big smile on a hardworking employee's face.
Don't mistake handing out employee appreciation quotes as generic thank yous regardless of your organization's size. Personalize the message, either add their role titles or their names or both. When employees look back at those awards years later, the feeling of nostalgia is incomparable.
If your appreciation is going to be thrown around, i.e., handed out to those who don't genuinely deserve praise, the others that are giving it their all will feel that the appreciation is meaningless.
This can't be stressed enough - thank employees that deserve appreciation, and go out of your way to show them that you are truly grateful. Your employee appreciation should be sincere and from the heart.
Employee appreciation done right can make or break an organization.
Speak Your Mind